To view the contents of this post, you must be authenticated and have the required access level.
A much discussed topic at many a golf course, to water or not to water ?
Please click the link below to have a read of the Greens Watering strategy from the professional greenkeeper that we use as a consultant for all aspects of course and greens care.
Silecroft Golf Club Seniors’ Section
As most of you will be aware, after many years of organising the Seniors’ Section, Paul Hodgson has decided to step down. I am sure you would all like to join me in thanking Paul for the years of service he has devoted to the Seniors at Silecroft and we sincerely hope that we will still see him playing in the Seniors Competitions.
Over the course of the winter months Dave Hanna, Dave Billing and Jon Holmes have met on a number of occasions to try to sort out the Seniors programme for 2017.
1) After consultation with a number of the regular Senior players it was decided to keep Monday as the regular competition day.
2) In line with club policy it was decided that the Silecroft Senior Ladies should be invited to play in the Stableford Competitions but not in the four Inter Club Competitions.
3) Catering would be arranged for the Stableford Competitions and Inter Club Matches and this would be provided by John French at a cost of £4.00 per player.
4) It was decided to keep the entry fee for the Senior Competitions at £15.00 for the season. There would also be a ‘2’s’ Competition at a cost of £1.00 per competition.
5) In order to increase the number of opportunities for Senior Golf there are two proposals, which need to be discussed after the first Stableford Competition on Monday 10th April.
- a) To organise additional ‘roll up’ competitions on Mondays when there is no drawn competition.
- b) Have a more informal arrangement whereby any Senior who wanted to play a friendly game of golf should simply turn up at the club on the Monday mornings when there is no drawn competition at 09.30 or a Thursday afternoon at 13.30.
Any comments on these proposals to Jon Holmes on 773713 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for fixtures